- Board of Directors
- Company History
- Facts & Figures
- Our Purpose
- Carlson Credo
- Contact Us
The New Year's countdown begins with T.G.I. Friday's® favorite beverage picks of 2010
Carrollton, Texas | December 22, 2010
T.G.I. Friday's restaurants is giving consumers 10 reasons to cheer as the ball drops on New Year's Eve. Based on the most popular drinks at Friday's®, and input from our expert mixologists, here's our take on the top 10 can-not-miss beverages to help celebrate the New Year.
"Tantalizing drinks that complement our menu, and put an unexpected twist on the norm, is the standard at T.G.I. Friday's," said George Barton, vice president of Beverage and Bar Innovation at T.G.I. Friday's. "As a result, our signature drinks add to the fun of ringing in 2011. Let the countdown begin!"
10. SoCo Peach Tea – Flavored iced teas are no longer just for grandma when you mix in Southern Comfort and sweet peach puree.
9. Berri Acai Sour – Packed with antioxidants, acai is good for you. Feel free to order one...or two.
8. Diddy Up – A mix of Ciroc vodka, Red Bull and ruby red grapefruit syrup. Go for glam and do Diddy proud.
7. Ultimate Margarita On the Rocks – One of our guests' all-time favorites. Blame it on Jimmy Buffet.
6. Hemingway Daiquiri – X-Rated Liqueur and SKYY Citrus vodka spike this cocktail served over crushed ice. Classic cocktails made a splash in 2010 and are here to stay in 2011.
5. Little Black Dress Merlot – For ladies who want to keep it classy, black dresses work in a wine glass too.
4. Pink Punk Cosmo – The traditional Cosmo poured over cotton candy. So delicious, men aren't shy to order it for themselves.
3. Bloody Mary – Savory cocktails are making a comeback. And hey, we can all use our daily dose of vegetables, right
2. Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea – Friday's® popularized this classic and it's not going anywhere.
1. Sparkling Champagne Margarita – Our classic margarita made with Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila gets a splash of Korbel champagne. Cheers to that!
On New Year's Eve, December 31, 2010, participating T.G.I. Friday's restaurants will celebrate the New Year with a free champagne toast at midnight and half priced appetizers from 9:00 p.m. to close. Check local T.G.I. Friday's restaurants for holiday hours and additional details.
For more news and updates from T.G.I. Friday's, consumers can follow the brand on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/TGIFridays), Twitter @TGIFridays and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/tgifridays).
About T.G.I. Friday's
T.G.I. Friday's restaurants offer authentic American food and exciting drinks in an atmosphere that provides an energizing Friday feeling – any day of the week. Friday's guest recognition program, Give Me More Stripes®, rewards our loyal guests with great deals and fun events year-round, creating an engaging customer experience. As the original casual dining restaurant, T.G.I. Friday's differentiates itself with a unique point of view which promises to exhilarate its guests with the feeling of Friday. T.G.I. Friday's, which operates more than 900 restaurants in more than 60 countries, is also famous for its knowledgeable and charismatic bartenders, approximately 8,000 of whom compete annually for the title of the "Greatest T.G.I. Friday's Bartender in the World." For more information, visit www.fridays.com.
For further information: Mari Abe, 1-212-931-6137, firstname.lastname@example.org, for T.G.I. Friday's