- Our purpose
- Ambition 2015
- Facts and figures
- Company history
- Credo, Values, Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Our organizational principles
- Board of directors
- Management team
- Company structure
- News & media
- Media contacts
- Carlson in the media
- News releases
- Image library
- Board of directors
- Carlson management team
- Hotels management team
- Restaurants management team
- Travel management team
- Media inquiries
- Media accommodations
Carlson Wagonlit Travel creates 'Americas' region
Minneapolis | April 19, 2012
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT), a global leader specialized in managing business travel and meetings and events, today announced it is combining its former North America and Latin America regions into one “Americas” region. This combined organization enables CWT to better leverage resources and expertise to support this significant geographic area, while preserving necessary autonomy that ensures CWT continues to meet the unique needs of its clients in each country.
Under the leadership of Håkan Ericsson, president, CWT Americas, one leadership team will now oversee operations across the Americas. Key leadership changes include:
- André Carvalhal will assume the expanded role of regional general manager for Latin America, based in Brazil. He succeeds Marino Faccini, who is retiring after a successful 43-year career at CWT. Carvalhal has been with CWT since 1997 and has successfully led CWT Brazil for the past five years throughout a period of extensive growth in the country.
- Barbara Barnard has been appointed senior vice president, CWT U.S. Corporate Clients with full client facing responsibility for the U.S. commercial business. She and her team will serve as a single point of accountability throughout the lifecycle of CWT’s client relationships. Barnard has served as vice president of CWT’s North American sales and marketing functions and has been with CWT since 2004, when she joined the organization through CWT’s acquisition of Maritz Corporate Travel.
- Brian Hace is assuming the role of vice president, Strategy, Products and Marketing for the Americas. In this newly created role, Hace will liaise with CWT’s global product marketing and market strategy teams to ensure their various client-facing initiatives are relevant for markets in the Americas. Hace continues to lead the U.S. Leisure business, and previously held functional responsibility for Marketing and Product Management within North America during his 11 years with CWT.
Carvalhal, Barnard and Hace will work closely with their fellow leaders to finalize their organizations in the coming weeks. Click here for more information on the entire CWT Americas leadership team.
“Many of CWT’s clients operate across the countries that are now included in our united Americas region and organize themselves in the same way. This new structure helps us further deliver integrated travel management to these organizations, while respecting the local nuances important to doing business in each of these countries,” Ericsson said. “I am confident the new Americas region will deliver added value for all CWT clients in the region, and I look forward to working with the entire Americas leadership team to bring this new approach to reality.”
About Carlson Wagonlit Travel
CWT is a global leader specialized in managing business travel and meetings and events. CWT serves companies, government institutions and non-governmental organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries and territories. By leveraging both the expertise of its people and leading-edge technology, CWT helps clients derive the greatest value from their travel program in terms of savings, service, security and sustainability. The company is also committed to providing best-in-class service and assistance to travelers. CWT services and solutions comprise Traveler & Transaction Services, Program Optimization, Safety & Security, Meetings & Events and Energy Services. In 2011, sales volume for wholly owned operations and joint ventures totaled US$28.0 billion. For more information about CWT, please visit our global website at
Follow us on Twitter @CarlsonWagonlit and @CWTNorthAmerica.
+ 1 763 212 1185 (office) + 1 612 281 4948 (mobile)