- Board of Directors
- Company History
- Facts & Figures
- Our Purpose
- Carlson Credo
- Contact Us
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group honors top award winners for 2013
Minneapolis | February 27, 2014
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups, honored its top-performing hotels, general managers and employees at the company’s 2014 Radisson & Radisson Blu Americas Business Conference held recently at the Radisson Blu Mall of America, Bloomington. Following are highlights of the top award winners for Radisson® and Radisson Blu®.
2013 Radisson Blu Hotel of the Year
- Radisson Blu Mall of America, Bloomington, Minn., was named Radisson Blu’s 2013 Hotel of the Year. This 500-room hotel opened in March 2013 and has redefined the Minneapolis market. Recently named to U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 Best Hotels List, this is the only hotel directly connected to the Mall of America®, the largest indoor entertainment and shopping mall in the United States. The entire team, from general manager to the housekeeping team, is passionately committed every day to the guest, the brand and each other.
2013 Radisson Hotel of the Year
- Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, Kalamazoo, Mich., named Radisson’s 2013 Hotel of the Year, was selected from 147 hotels in the Americas. The 340-room hotel completed a full renovation in 2012, and has achieved remarkable performance metrics, especially in guest satisfaction. The hotel focuses on teamwork to provide high quality, guest service and loyalty. The hotel also won Sales Team of the Year.
2013 New Hotel of the Year
- Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, was named Radisson’s 2013 New Hotel of the Year. This urban chic, 120-room hotel, opened in the third quarter of 2013. The hotel offers stunning views of the Canadian Rockies, with a team committed to deliver an excellent guest experience.
2013 Responsible Business Hotel of the Year
- Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon, Leon, Mexico, for the second consecutive year, earned the Responsible Business Hotel of the Year award. The hotel has created a holistic responsible business program embracing people, community and environment. In its commitment to wellness, the hotel brings in a doctor weekly to tend to the needs of its employees; the staff has joined together and supports nine different community foundations; and they hosted a reforestation project planting nearly 350 seedlings.
2013 Radisson Blu General Manager of the Year
- Pierre-Louis Giacotto from the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago is a true ambassador to the Radisson Blu brand in the Americas. After the successful opening of the first Radisson Blu in North America, he has managed the hotel in an exemplary manner. Passionate about his team and focused on customer service, he is a leader who inspires with an open heart to all. Pierre-Louis is innovative and always looking to take processes and services to the next level; status quo is not an option.
2013 Radisson Blu Employee of the Year
- Stephen Hornstein, bell captain, is a 32-year hotel veteran from the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Philadelphia. Stephen has made a lasting impression on countless guests, going beyond his duties as a bellman to ensure each guest has the best possible experience. His outstanding service and true dedication is legendary and earned him a Key to the City of Philadelphia last fall for his contributions to the hospitality industry.
2013 Radisson General Manager of the Year
- Mark Lyttleton-Frances from the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino and Spa has more than 20 years in the hospitality industry. In his first year at the hotel, Mark has been consistently in the top percentile of the brand. He implemented a fitness program among hotel staff to encourage healthy lifestyles, implemented a family program for hotel guests, and is committed to raising the visibility of Aruba as a travel destination through active participation with the Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA).
2013 Radisson Employee of the Year
- Gabriela Cadena, sous chef for 10 years, is from the Radisson Royal Hotel Quito, Quito, Ecuador. Gabriela has received countless positive comments from guests and teammates about her caring spirit, attention to detail, and dedication to her team. Guests rave about her positive attitude, outstanding service and her ability to make them feel at home during their stay.
About Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups. The Carlson Rezidor portfolio includes more than 1,340 hotels in operation and under development with a footprint spanning more than 105 countries and territories and a powerful set of global brands including Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Radisson Red, Park Plaza®, Park Inn® by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM. Carlson Rezidor plans to grow its portfolio to nearly 1,500 hotels in operation and under development by 2015. In most hotels, guests can benefit from Club CarlsonSM, one of the most rewarding loyalty programs in the world. Carlson Rezidor and its brands employ 88,000 people.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., and Brussels, Belgium.
Ben Gardeen, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group | +1 (763) 212-8129 | email@example.com