- Facts & Figures
- Company History
- Our Purpose
- Carlson Credo
- Management Team
- Board of Directors
- Contact Us
CWT Announces Growth in Sales Volume and Transactions during First Half of 2014
AMSTERDAM | August 27, 2014
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) today announced first half sales volume of US $14.4 billion*, a 2.7 percent increase compared to the same period in 2013, with transactions up 4.2 percent to 32.5 million* for the first six months of 2014.
New sales for the first half of the year were US $748 million, and CWT has maintained its strong client retention rate of 98 percent.
Commenting on the results, Douglas Anderson, president & CEO, CWT, said: “We have seen strong performance in the first half of 2014. We will continue to deliver outstanding customer service as well as the new and enhanced services that our customers are asking for, such as mobile booking on our award-winning CWT To GoTM app.”
2014 first half business highlights
Since the beginning of 2014, CWT has continued to introduce innovative products, services and research to help companies better manage their travel programs while achieving savings and driving compliance.
- The CWT Travel Stress Index continued to gain momentum and featured in the world-renowned Harvard Business Review.
- The latest version of CWT To Go, CWT’s award-winning mobile app went live with a number of new features. It also achieved 270,000 user registrations as of end of July 2014.
- CWT enhanced its safety & security offer via two industry leading companies. A new referral agreement was put in place with International SOS, the world's leading medical and travel security services company and a refined offering with iJET, the world's leading travel risk management company and provider of CWT’s core traveler tracking capability and alert content, was released.
- CWT published:
- Its 2015 Global Travel Price Outlook, in partnership with GBTA Foundation for the first time, providing price projections for every region of the world, as well as country- and local-level expectations for those markets to which CWT clients most frequently travel.
- A trends study, looking to the future of business travel and what CWT believes may be the products and technologies used in the year 2020.
- A second annual Responsible Business Report in June 2014, reaffirming CWT’s commitment to ethics and compliance, human resources, responsible products and services, environment and community involvement.
- The Travel Management Priorities 2014 report, which highlighted the main priorities for travel managers in 2014, and looked at global trends and differences between regions.
- The CWT Travel Management Institute published its annual study in June, investigating the impact of mobility and digital on business travel
* Includes air, hotel and ground transportation for wholly-owned operations and joint ventures
CWT is a global leader specialized in managing business travel and meetings and events. CWT serves companies, government institutions and non-governmental organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries and territories. By leveraging both the expertise of its people and leading-edge technology, CWT helps clients derive the greatest value from their travel program in terms of savings, service, security and sustainability. The company is also committed to providing best-in-class service and assistance to travelers. In 2013, sales volume for wholly owned operations and joint ventures totaled US$26.9 billion. As part of its commitment to responsible business, CWT is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact Ten Principles. For more information about CWT, please visit our global website at www.carlsonwagonlit.com. Follow us on Twitter @CarlsonWagonlit.
Carrie-Ann Cooper or Chloe Couchman